Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5

First thing I did this morning after hitting the bathroom was?  Yep, I found the scales to see what kind of damage I'd done by scarfing down that pizza.  Results?  I'd gained 1 lb.!  Could have been worse, but today is another day. 

Today was the first morning of no shakes for breakfast.  This breakfast consisted of quinoa which is hard to describe, but not bad to eat.  It's kinda like big brown grits or a cousin to couscous.  Both of which I like.  It's boiled with water and then milk is added to thicken it and then flavoring and honey is stirred in.  Very filling.

Exercise is supposed to be a part of all of this, but the best I seem to do at this time is the walking primarily done at the office.  The main reason no exercise other than that is not taking place is that my left knee continues to bother me because of the arthritis and the cold and the fact that I am fat and put too much pressure on it.  This in turn is now triggering problems with my right knee.  Hence the number one reason for losing weight.  I want pressure off of my knees! I'm quite sure it's only a placebo effect in my mind, but my knees felt so much better yesterday and thus far today.

No comments:

Post a Comment