Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1

Here are the starting and startling facts:

Weight:  285 lbs. - How did I get to this number?!  I don't feel this big, but numbers don't lie.  I've got to lose weight.  Nothing seems to be fitting anymore or at least not fitting comfortably.
Waist:  51 inches
Hips:  59 inches
Abdomen:  53 inches

Next weigh-in:  Day 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the day doing food preparation for the coming week and making sure that I have everything needed according to TDD (The Digest Diet).

The first four days part of this diet is called "Fast Release".  This is supposed to be a fat releasing jump start.  During it, I should shed fat quickly and safely.  The phase is about flooding my body with nutrition with a diet rich in soups and shakes. 

Breakfast for the next four days will consist of a "Fast Release Shake" (FRS).  It consists of a "Master Recipe" placed in a blender.  Those ingredients are:  non-fat yogurt, light coconut milk, nonfat milk powder, honey, vanilla extract, and ice cubes.  Each time you make the shake you add some type of fruit or fiber, a healthy fat and flavorings. 

This morning I had a shake with a banana and cocoa powder and peanut butter added to the Master Recipe (MR).  It didn't taste too bad.

Mid-morning snack was "Ricotta Boats".  This was a bell pepper cut into quarters, seeded and them topped with fat free ricotta cheese sprinkled with ground black pepper.  I will admit, not a great snack, but I managed to eat the entire pepper.  The snacks are designed to contain Vitamin C, fiber for crunch and satisfaction, and protein. 

Lunch will also consist of a FRS for the next five days.  Mine today was the MR to which I added strawberries, flax seed mill and almond butter.  This was nasty!  Don't think I'll be trying that combination again anytime soon.

Soup will be my dinner for the next four days.  I spent the morning making the "Italian Shrimp & Vegetable Soup" from the .  This soup is unbelievably fantastic and tasty!!! 

No more snacking after dinner or midnight snacks!  But, if I...



No comments:

Post a Comment