I LOST 6 LBS.!!!
i just couldn't believe my eyes so I stepped back on the scales just to make sure and it showed exactly the same thing. So I now weigh 278 lbs. Still a long way to go, but at least my efforts have been worth it thus far.I'm getting more organized with the preparation as time goes on. I'm finding that mixing up the shakes and fixing my snacks the night before helps a lot. Less stress and hurry in the morning - I feel better prepared.
New shakes today. One was made with a tangerine. It tasted great, but I won't be doing that one again. Even though I'd tried taking most of the skin off while taking out the seeds, there still was too much pulp. I was constantly picking skin out of my mouth and throwing it away. Not good.
The other new shake was made with a peeled apple and cinnamon added as a flavoring. This is one that I will look forward to drinking again in the near future.
The afternoon snack was passable. It was a dip which consisted of greek yogurt and seasonings in which I could dip some raw cauliflower. Love the cauliflower, not crazy about the dip. I will have to find a substitute or change for that one in the future.
I was invited over to dinner at a friend's home last night. I told them that I would be bringing my own dinner. All was going fine until I was offered a bite of the homemade chicken Alfredo pizza that had been made for their dinner. I crumbled and took a sample bite. It was so good! But, I ate my soup to the last drop.
However, when I got home a few hours later and was sitting at my computer I kept thinking, then obsessing about the chicken, bacon, onion pizza sitting in my freezerator. I could finally stand it no longer and went to the kitchen and popped it in the oven. When baked, I ate all of it (leaving only a few pieces of crust)! Then I felt so bad because I had caved in!
NOTE TO SELF...Make sure all freezer goodies are gone from the freezerator when starting another round of dieting. Better still - don't buy and put them up there. I'm not worrying about the items in the chest freezer outside that may be lurking out there. It's way too cold and/or dark to go out and start pillaging out there.
Am I off the diet? Nope, just climbing back on that horse and continuing on. It'll be better now cause there's no more pizza left to cheat with.
No comments:
Post a Comment